The Australian economy is booming, and the unemployment rates have constantly remained under 3% in the past few years. The GDP growth of Australia has remained stable with a positive outlook. Therefore, Australia needs more talent and manpower. Australia’s economy is inclusive and gives everyone a level playing field to reap benefits. Also, the economy also has a lot to thank for migrants whose contribution has been one of its key cornerstones.
Australian immigration authorities are always updating their policies to favour skilled migrants. This is because there is massive infrastructure development going on in the continent and the need for skilled human capital is increasing. However, the migration process is complex, and you should only let a qualified and registered Australian Migration Consultant handle your case from Application lodgement through visa grant.
Australia needs a talented workforce that can help ramp up its economical growth. That’s why Australia is open! The country needs skilled and talented human capital in virtually all areas of business. However, the country keeps a systematic and logical approach when inviting migration aspirants because that helps it maintain the demand and supply equilibrium. For instance, if a state in Southern Australia thinks that the manpower for a certain sector is amply available locally, they will stop taking skilled migration applications for that profession. However, once the demand starts appearing again, they’ll open it for the applicants once more.
Information Technology is one of the most in-demand professions in Australia. This is primarily because Australia is in the process of completely digitizing its economy and wants to integrate IoT (Internet of Things) level technology at a national scale. Be it Healthcare, industrial complexes or the stock and commodity exchanges; Australia has made it all digitized to help people access these services without having to go through any tedious processes whatsoever.
Information Technology simply referred to as IT jobs and careers opportunities are aplenty in Australia. The decade has seen very swift mass adaptation of digital technology from organizations of all sizes and industries. From government to grocery stores, technology has played a pivotal role in transforming the way things work. With consistent and rigorous integration of information technology in everyday life, it has become easier and quicker to get things done on time and every single time.
IT professionals are high in-demand in Australia. The industry faces a dilemma like that of the engineering filed. The in-house universities, colleges and technical institutes cannot produce enough trained human resources to cater to the expanding need of the IT industry. Therefore, Australia imports IT manpower and the induction numbers are approximately equal to healthcare and engineering.
The Australian IT industry is expanding by the day. Due to a stable economy, the IT eco-system in Australia is sustainable and attracts a lot of entrepreneurs and venture capitalists. Following are some of the IT fields that command a lot of demand in Australia:
Computer Software Programmers and Developers
A career in computer programming is one of the most rewarding in Australia. In Australia, computer programmers are expected to develop and debug desktop, ERP, Web and mobile applications for making it convenient for the organizations to operate.
In Australia, as per the official Job Outlook portal run by the Australian Government, a computer software programmer and developer is expected – but not limited to – perform the following duties:
- Researching, consulting, analysing and evaluating system program needs
- Identifying technology limitations and deficiencies in existing systems and associated processes, procedures and methods
- Testing, debugging, diagnosing and correcting errors and faults in an applications programming language within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure programs and applications perform to specification
- Writing and maintaining program code to meet system requirements, system designs and technical specifications in accordance with quality accredited standards
- Writing, updating and maintaining technical program, end user documentation and operational procedures
- Providing advice, guidance and expertise in developing proposals and strategies for software design activities such as financial evaluation and costings for recommending software purchases and upgrades
The medial weekly salary for computer software developers and programmer in Australia is around AUD 2000 with strong future growth outlook and low unemployment. There are currently 100,000+ computer programmers in Australia and most of the Australian states and territories are demanding human capital with this talent.
ICT Support Technicians
The ICT support technicians are primarily tasked with maintenance of the IT infrastructure of organizations. They provide support and assistance with deployment of complex IT network infrastructures as well as diagnose issues and maintain the web technological deployments. The scope of career advancement in this field is promising in Australia.
In Australia, as per the official Job Outlook portal run by the Australian Government, an ICT support technician is expected – but not limited to – perform the following duties:
- Determining software and hardware requirements to provide solutions to problems
- Responding to inquiries about software and hardware problems
- Adapting existing programs to meet users’ requirements
- Installing and downloading appropriate software
- Ensuring efficient use of applications and equipment
- Implementing computer networks
- Designing and maintaining web sites
- Repairing and replacing peripheral equipment such as terminals, printers and modem
The medial weekly salary for ICT support technicians in Australia is around AUD1500 with strong future growth outlook and low unemployment. The current workforce size in this field is approximately 65000+ with most of the Australian Territories and States having this occupation open for skilled migrants.
Software testers are the backbone of any ICT based organization that produces any kind of software. In simple terms, the primary role of Software Testers is to test the software and ensure that it is performing the tasks it is supposed to. In case of bugs and faulty outputs, a software tester documents these and sends it back to the development team for debugging and rectifications. Software Testing jobs and careers are aplenty in Australia since the country has more technological based businesses and infrastructure than many other developed countries.
In Australia, as per the official Job Outlook portal run by the Australian Government, a Software Tester is expected – but not limited – to performing the following duties:
- Tests, identifies and diagnoses functionality errors and faults in systems.
- Programs code within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure systems perform to specification.
- Performs organisational systems architecture reviews and assessments, recommending current and future strategies and directions for hardware and software.
- Creates and reviews technical documentation, such as procedural, instructional and operational manuals or guides, technical reports and specifications, and maintenance inventory systems.
The median weekly salary for Software Testers in Australia is around AUD 2000 with strong future growth outlook and low unemployment. The current workforce size in this field is approximately 6900+ with most of the Australian Territories and States having this occupation open for skilled migrants.
ICT Managers are primarily required to oversee the whole IT infrastructure of an organization. This includes excessive planning, controlling and deployments of IT equipment and telecommunication peripherals within an organization.
In Australia, as per the official Job Outlook portal run by the Australian Government, an ICT Manager is expected – but not limited to – perform the following duties:
- Analysing information needs and specifying technology to meet those needs
- Formulating and directing information and communication technology (ICT) strategies, policies and plans
- Directing the selection and installation of ICT resources and the provision of user training
- Directing ICT operations and setting priorities between system developments, maintenance and operations
- Overseeing the security of ICT systems
The median weekly salary for ICT Managers in Australia is around AUD 2700 with strong future growth outlook and low unemployment. The current workforce size in this field is approximately 58700+ with most of the Australian Territories and States having this occupation open for skilled migrants.
These are some of the best and high paying IT fields that ICT experts can pursue a future in Australia. However, there is also a huge demand for Web Developers, Graphic Designers, Digital Content Creators, Mobile Application Developers, Database Administrators, Business Intelligence Professionals, Blockchain apps and protocol developers and Network Administrators. If you are an IT expert and looking to migrate to Australia, then FBP can get it done. Contact us by clicking here.`