101 (Child) Visa
This visa lets a child outside Australia move to Australia to live with their parents.
The child must:
- be a dependent child of a parent who is an Australian citizen, eligible New Zealand citizen or holder of an Australian permanent visa
- be under 18 years, a full-time student aged over 18 and under 25 and financially dependent on the parent, or over 18 and unable to work due to a disability
- be single and dependent on the parent
- be outside Australia when the application is made and when we make a decision on the application
With this visa the child can:
- migrate to Australia as a permanent resident
- study and access Medicare
- apply for Australian citizenship if eligible
75% of applications: 16 months
90% of applications: 24 months
For more details, please click here.