802 (Child Onshore) Visa
This visa allows a child to stay in Australia permanently and live with their parents.
The child must:
- be a dependent child of a parent who is an Australian citizen, eligible New Zealand citizen or holder of an Australian permanent visa
- be under 18 years, a full-time student aged over 18 and under 25, or over 18 and unable to work due to a disability
- be single and dependent on the parent
- be in Australia when the application is made and when we make our decision
With this visa the child can:
- migrate to Australia as a permanent resident
- study and access Medicare
- apply for Australian citizenship if eligible
75% of applications: 13 months
90% of applications: 15 months
For more details, please click here.