143 (Contributory Parent) Visa
This permanent visa lets a parent of a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident of Australia or eligible New Zealand citizen move to Australia.
- be outside Australia when we decide your application
- have an eligible child who is a settled Australian citizen, Permanent resident or Eligible New Zealand citizen, unless you are applying for the Retirement Pathway
- meet the balance-of-family test, unless you are applying for the Retirement Pathway or hold a Subclass 173 visa
- have an Assurance of Support, unless you are applying for the Retirement Pathway
- not have a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 870) visa when applying for this visa
With this visa you can:
- move to or stay in Australia as a permanent resident
- sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia
- apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
For more details, please click here.