173 (Contributory Parent (Temporary)) Visa
This temporary visa lets a parent of a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen stay temporarily in Australia.
- be sponsored by an eligible child who is a settled Australian citizen, Australian Permanent resident or Eligible New Zealand citizen
- meet the balance-of-family test
- meet all visa conditions and follow Australian law
- not have a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 870) visa when applying for this visa
With this visa you can:
- live in Australia for up to 2 years
- work and study in Australia (you will not receive government support)
- apply for a permanent Contributory Parent (subclass 143) visa
For more details, please click here.