884 (Contributory Aged Parent (Temporary)) Visa
This temporary visa lets the aged parent of a settled Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen stay temporarily in Australia.
- have an eligible child who is a settled Australian citizen, an Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen
- be old enough to receive the Australian aged pension
- be in Australia, but not in immigration clearance, when you apply for this visa and when we make our decision
- not have a Sponsored Parent (Temporary) (Subclass 870) visa when applying for this visa
With this visa you can:
- live in Australia for up to 2 years
- work and study in Australia (you will not receive government support)
- apply for a permanent Contributory Aged Parent (subclass 864) visa
For more details, please click here.