Subclass 309 – Partner (Provisional) Visa
This visa lets the de facto partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia temporarily. Getting this visa is the first step towards a permanent Partner visa (subclass 100).
- be in a genuine relationship with your spouse or de facto partner who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
- be outside Australia when you apply and when the visa is granted
With this visa you can:
- live, work and study in Australia while we process your permanent Partner (Migrant) visa
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want
- attend free English language classes provided by the Adult Migrant English Program
Temporarily, until we decide your permanent Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100) application or the application is withdrawn
75% of applications: 19 months
90% of applications: 23 months
For more details, please click here.