Subclass 801 – Partner Visa (Permanent)
This visa lets the de facto partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia permanently. It is usually only for people who currently hold a temporary Partner visa (subclass 820).
- hold a temporary Partner visa (subclass 820)
- in most cases, continue to be in a married or de facto relationship with your sponsor
With this visa you can:
- live, work and study in Australia indefinitely
- sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia
- apply for Australian citizenship if eligible
75% of applications: 11 months
90% of applications: 20 months
For more details, please click here.