Subclass 820 – Partner Visa (Temporary)
This visa lets the de facto partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia temporarily. Getting this visa is the first step towards a permanent Partner visa (subclass 801).
- be in a genuine relationship with your spouse or de facto partner who is an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen
- be in Australia when you apply for this visa and when we decide your temporary visa application. Family who apply with you must also be in Australia
With this visa you can:
- live, work and study in Australia while we process your permanent Partner visa
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want
- attend free English language classes provided by the Adult Migrant English Program
Temporarily while we process your permanent Partner visa (subclass 801) application or it is withdrawn.
75% of applications: 23 months
90% of applications: 28 months
For more details, please click here.