117 (Orphan Relative) Visa
This visa lets a child who is single come to Australia to live with a relative if their parents are dead, are unable to care for them or can’t be found.
The child must:
- be under 18 years of age, single and with no parent to care for them
- have a relative who is a settled Australian citizen, Eligible New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident
- be outside Australia when the application is made and when we make a decision
With this visa the child can:
- migrate to Australia as a permanent resident
- study and access Medicare
- apply for Australian citizenship if eligible
Processing times are not available for this visa.
For more details, please click here.