Subclass 836 – Carer Visa
This permanent visa lets you stay in Australia to care for someone with a long-term medical condition who has no reasonable access to care options in Australia.
- be in Australia when you apply for the visa and when we grant your application
- be a carer for your relative or a member of their family who has no reasonable access to care in Australia
- be sponsored by your relative or their spouse or de facto partner for your first 2 years in Australia
With this visa you can:
- stay in Australia as a permanent resident
- work and study in Australia
- travel to and from Australia for 5 years
For more details, please click here.