191 (Skilled Regional PR) Visa
This visa is for people who have lived, worked and studied in designated regional area Australia on a previous, eligible visa.
- hold an eligible visa
- have lived for at least 3 years and have a taxable income at or above a specific income threshold for at least three years
- both primary and secondary applicants have complied with the conditions of the eligible visa you hold or have held
With this visa you can:
- work and study anywhere in Australia
- sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence
- apply for Australian citizenship, if eligible
We assess applications on a case-by-case basis, and actual processing times can vary due to individual circumstances including:
- whether you have lodged a complete application, including all necessary supporting documents
- how quickly you respond to any requests for additional information
- how long it takes to perform required checks on the supporting information provided
- how long it takes to receive additional information from external agencies, particularly in relation to health, character, and national security requirements
- how many places are available in the migration program
For more details, please click here.