491 (Skilled Work Regional Provisional) Visa
This is a provisional visa. It is for skilled workers who want to live and work in regional Australia.
- be nominated to apply by a state or territory government agency, or an eligible relative must sponsor you
- have an occupation on a relevant skilled occupation list
- have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
- be invited to apply
- satisfy the points test
With this visa you can:
- stay in Australia for 5 years
- live, work and study in a designated regional area of Australia
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want, while the visa is valid
- apply for permanent residence after 3 years from the time your visa is granted
There are no standard processing times available for this pathway
For more details, please click here.