Subclass 417 – First Working Holiday Visa
This visa lets people 18 to 30 years old (inclusive) – and Canadian, French and Irish citizens 18 to 35 years old (inclusive) – have their first extended holiday in Australia and work here to help fund their trip.
- hold a passport from an eligible country or jurisdiction
- be 18 to 30 years old (inclusive) – except for Canadian, French and Irish citizens who can be 18 to 35 (inclusive)
- apply online from outside Australia
- not be accompanied by dependent children
- not have previously entered Australia on a subclass 417 or 462 visa. If you have previously been in Australia on a subclass 417 visa, see the second Working Holiday visa.
With this visa you can:
- do short-term work in Australia to help pay for your holiday
- study for up to 4 months
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want
- do 3 months of specified work to become eligible for a second Working Holiday visa
75% of applications: 57 days
90% of applications: 3 months
For more details, please click here.