Subclass 462 – First Work and Holiday Visa
This visa lets people 18 to 30 years old (inclusive) have an extended holiday in Australia and work here to help fund their trip.
- have a passport from an eligible country
- be 18 to 30 years old (inclusive)
- apply from outside Australia
- not be accompanied by dependent children
- not have previously entered Australia on a subclass 462 or 417 visa. If you previously entered Australia on a subclass 462 visa, see the second Work and Holiday visa.
With this visa you can:
- do short-term work in Australia to help pay for your holiday
- study for up to 4 months
- travel to and from Australia as many times as you want
- do 3 months of specified subclass 462 work to become eligible for a second Work and Holiday visa
75% of applications: 80 days
90% of applications: 3 months
For more details, please click here.