This visa is only for applicants who are nominated by an Australian State or Territory government. To be nominated, candidates must submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) through the SkillSelect system.
This is a 5-year temporary visa for people who want to invest AUD 5 million in Australia. After maintaining an investment activity in Australia for 4 years, an applicant can apply for permanent residence through the Business Innovation & Investment (Residency) visa Subclass 888. The applicant can be in Australia or abroad to apply for this visa.
|Step 1||Start your Process with FBP|
|Step 2||Lodge your Skill Assessment|
|Step 3||Lodge Expression of Interest through SkillSelect|
|Step 4||Receive ITA (invitation to apply) for the visa|
|Step 5||Lodge Visa application (within 60 days of ITA)|
|Step 6||Receive 188C Visa Grant|
- Be invited to apply for this visa.
- Be nominated by a State or Territory government agency or Austrade to invest at least $
- AUD5 million meet certain requirements and have a genuine intention to hold that investment for the duration of your temporary visa
- Intend to actually live in the state or territory that the government agency appoints you.
- conduct investment business in Australia
- Stay for up to 5 years.
- apply for the Permanent (Permanent) Business Innovation and Investment Visa (Subclass 888) Critical Investor Stream if certain conditions are met.
You and your family members as part of your application must comply with all Australian legal and visa requirements.
As a holder of this visa, you must make a sincere and realistic commitment to:
- you and/or your spouse or common-law partner must actually intend to live in the state or territory that the government agency has designated for you continue your business and investment activities in Australia after your visa expires
- You must also maintain your investment for the duration of your visa and comply with Australian labor laws.
To be eligible for the Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent Resident) visa (subclass 888) under the Major Investor Stream, you must also live in Australia for at least 40 days per year for the duration of the temporary visa. Either your spouse or domestic partner must live in Australia for at least 180 days per year for the duration of your temporary visa. These dates do not need to be consecutive.
Stay in Australia
This is a provisional visa. You can stay in Australia for up to 5 years if you were invited to apply on or after 1 July 2021. If you applied after 1 July 2015, and were invited to apply for this visa before 1 July 2021, you can stay in Australia for up to 4 years and 3 months. If you applied for this visa
before 1 July 2015, you can stay in Australia for 4 years. The visa is granted with multiple entries. You can leave and re-enter Australia as many times as you want as long as your visa is valid. The visa begins on the date it is issued.
Extend your stay in Australia
- This is a temporary visa. You must apply for a new visa if you want to stay longer.
- Once you have this visa, you can apply for permanent residency through the Business Innovation and Investment (Permanent) visa (subclass 888) in the Significant Investor stream, if you meet the most conditions. determined.
- Explore your visa options. If you need more time to apply for permanent residency, you can apply for a new Business Innovation and Investment (Temporary) visa (subclass 188) under the Extended Major Investor stream.
- If granted, you will be able to travel, enter and stay in Australia for up to 7 years from the date of your original Business Innovation and Investment (Temporary) visa (subclass 188) under the invest in the Critical Line Expansion.
You can also apply for the second largest investor stream extension visa. If granted, you will be able to travel, enter and stay in Australia for up to 9 years after the date of your original (Temporary) Business Innovation and Investment visa (subclass 188) in the Extension significant for investors.