FBP InternationalFBP InternationalFBP International

101 (Child) Visa

Book Your Free Consultation

    101 (Child) Visa

    This visa lets a child outside Australia move to Australia to live with their parents.

    The child can travel to and from Australia as many times as they want for 5 years from the date we grant this visa. This is as long as the travel facility of this visa remains valid.

    If the child has siblings who also want to apply, submit separate applications for each sibling.

    The child’s dependent children can be included on their application when they apply or at any time before we decide the application.

    Step 1Start your Process with FBP
    Step 2Check your eligibility
    Step 3Submit all your documents
    Step 4Lodge Visa application
    Step 5Receive 101 Visa Grant
    • This visa allows a child outside Australia to come to Australia to live with his or her parents.
    • Migrate to Australia as a permanent resident
    • Research and access Medicare
    • Apply for Australian citizenship if eligible
    • be a dependent child of a parent who is an Australian citizen, eligible New Zealand citizen or Australian permanent resident visa holder
    • under 18, a full-time student over 18 and under 25 and financially dependent on a parent, or over 18 and unable to work due to a disability
    • single and dependent on parents
    • be outside Australia at the time of request

    Child’s relationship with sponsor
    The child must be:

    • biological or adopted child of a sponsoring parent
    • stepchildren under 18 years of age since the stepparent is no longer the spouse of the child’s parents but is responsible for taking care of the child according to the law.


    The child must be under 25, but if 18 or older, the child must be a full-time student and dependent on a godparent. The only exception to the age limit and full-time student requirement is when the child has a disability that prevents them from working.


    The child must meet certain health conditions. Results are usually valid for 12 months. This also applies to any members of your family unit included in your application, whether or not they migrated.


    Children over the age of 16 must meet certain character requirements. They should be prepared to provide a police certificate from each country in which they have lived for 12 months or more in the last 10 years after turning 16. Do not apply for a police certificate until we ask you to.

    This applies to you and all members of the family unit listed on your application, whether or not they emigrate.


    • Enter Australia by the deadline
    • You must not get married or have an actual relationship before arriving in Australia.


    • Responsibility for the Australian Government’s expenses for children residing in Australia Adequate housing and sufficient financial assistance are provided to meet the reasonable living needs of the child during the first two years of their stay in Australia.
    • Help your child settle in Australia

    Help your child attend essential English classes.

    • You must have the written consent of each person who can legally determine your child’s place of residence.
    • The laws of the country in which the child resides permit movement of the child.
    • This is consistent with all Australian child orders.