FBP InternationalFBP InternationalFBP International

102 (Adoption) Visa

Book Your Free Consultation

    102 (Adoption) Visa

    However, parenthood comes to you, you’re still eligible to take your child to Australia by applying 102 Adoption visa

    Adoption Visa: This visa allows overseas adopted children to live with their adoptive parents in Australia.

    The Child Visa (802 and 101) allows an eligible parent to sponsor their child to live in Australia for an indefinite period. Parents can register on behalf of children under the age of 18. Both visas allow applicants to live in Australia permanently with their parents.

    Step 1Start your Process with FBP
    Step 2Check your eligibility
    Step 3Submit all your documents
    Step 4Lodge Visa application
    Step 5Receive 102 Visa Grant
    • Emigrate to Australia as a permanent resident to live with adoptive parents
    • Medicare research and access
    • Apply for Australian Citizenship if you qualify
    • This visa allows adopted children outside Australia to come to Australia and live with their adoptive parents.


    • The child must be in the adoption or adoption stage.
    • Under 18 at the time of adoption, at the time of application and decision
    • Must be outside Australia at the time of application
    • Meet your health and personality requirements


    • Australian Citizen
    • Australian permanent resident visa holders.

    Best interest of the child
    This visa will not normally be issued if it is contrary to the best interests of children under the age of 18.
    You must meet certain health requirements. Results are usually valid for 12 months. This also applies to all family members included in the application, whether or not they are migrating.

    Children 16 years of age and older must meet certain character requirements. After you turn 16, you must have a police certificate from the country you have lived in for at least 12 months in the last 10 years. Do not issue a police certificate until we request it.

    Debts to the Australian government
    Your child must have no outstanding debts to the Australian Government and must not agree to repay any outstanding debts to the Australian Government.

    Guardianship across boarders
    If the adoption has not been completed or has not been recognized by the State or Territory adoption authority at the time the child enters Australia, the child’s guardian becomes the Minister of Immigration and Border Protection. Guardianship authority is delegated to state and territorial welfare agencies.

    Guardianship would be over if:

    • Child turns 18
    • Child becomes Australian citizen


    • Enter Australia by the deadline
    •  Not getting married or having a de facto relationship before arriving in Australia


    • This information is for individuals wishing to sponsor a child for an adoption visa (subclass 102).
    • In general, the sponsoring parent prepares the appropriate documentation and submits an application.
    • Responsible for the Australian Government’s expenses for children residing in Australia.
    • Adequate housing and sufficient financial assistance are provided to meet the reasonable living needs of the child during the first two years of living in Australia.
    • Help your child settle down in Australia Assisting the child in attending necessary English classes