FBP InternationalFBP InternationalFBP International

173 (Contributory Parent (Temporary)) Visa

Book Your Free Consultation

    173 (Contributory Parent (Temporary)) Visa

    Individuals can be their parents for up to 2 years if they apply 173 temporary visa.

    If your child lives in Australia and wants to visit, you can apply for a Temporary Parent Visa (Subclass 173). Your child must be legally resident in Australia.

    The Subclass 173 visa allows parents of Australian citizens living in Australia to work and study in Australia for up to two years. Visa holders can apply for a permanent subclass 143 parent visa for two years.

    This visa lets parents of a settled Australian citizen, permanent resident. If you are granted this visa and want to stay in Australia permanently, you can then apply for a Contributory Parent visa (subclass 143).

    Step 1Start your Process with FBP
    Step 2Check your eligibility
    Step 3Submit all your documents
    Step 4Lodge Visa application
    Step 5Receive 173 Visa Grant

    The step-by-step process for obtaining an additional 173 parent visas is as follows:

    • Your child completes the Sponsorship for Migration to Australia Form 40
    • You collect the required documents for the 173 Visa.
    • You mail the documents to your child in Australia.
    • You or your child/sponsor pay the first installment of the 173 Visa.
    • Your child/sponsor submits the documents to the Parent Visa Centre (PVC) of the Department of Home Affairs via
    • prepaid post or by courier. A completed and signed Australian Immigration Sponsorship Form must be attached to the document.
    • Once submitted, the Parent Visa Application Center will evaluate your application eligibility and queue it for processing.

    The visa application review process is as follows:

    • You observe for the visa and pay the primary installment of the fee.
    • The PVC will evaluate your eligibility for the visa. If you’re eligible, they vicinity your utility at the processing queue.
    • You wait till an area opens up. This is the component that takes the longest.
    • Once it’s far your flip and an area has opened up, the PVC will begin the very last processing vicinity to your visa.
    • You pay the second one instalment of the visa fee. You obtain the visa.

    You can apply for a temporary parent visa only if the following conditions are met:

    • The child who will be sponsoring you lives in Australia. Your child must:
    • You must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or qualified New Zealand citizen.
    • You must be 18 years of age or older.
    • You must be able to cover living expenses and debts owed to the Australian government.
    • You and your child have passed the Family Balance Test. Basically, this means that Australia has more children than any other country.
    • Meets Australian health requirements.
    • To determine if you are eligible for this qualification, Australian immigration authorities will tell you where you need to be screened, depending on where you live.
    • There is no criminal charge and meets the character requirements of the visa.
    • There are no previously denied Australian visas.

    Balance of family test
    Half or majority of a children should be permanent resident of Australia.

    Applicant must 18 years or above to apply for a visa.

    Sponsor must be 18 years and above to sponsor.

    Sponsor shouldn’t have any debt to the government of Australia if any must repay.

    Refusal or cancellation
    Applicant might not be able to apply for visa if visa gets rejected or cancelled while they are in Australia.

    Duration of the visa
    visa is valid up to 2 years from the date you enter.

    Applicant’s obligation
    Applicant should comply with law and visa conditions of the country.

    Onshore or Offshore
    Applicant could be onshore or offshore while lodging applicant, however, has to be offshore at time of decision.

    You could enroll in free Medicare.