Family Visas Australia
Partner (Spouse) visa
If your parents already holds temporary visa of Australia, you may apply 804 aged parent visa to get them permanent.
The Senior Parent Visa in Australia allows senior parents who already hold a temporary visa to live permanently in Australia if their child is an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
There is currently a long queue to process this particular visa with a waiting time of up to 13 years for this visa to be approved. Eligible senior parents may wish to apply for a Paid Senior Citizen visa, but this visa has a higher application fee and requires an endorsement of support as part of this stream.
Step by Step process to Apply for a 804(Aged Parent) Visa
|Step 1||Start your Process with FBP|
|Step 2||Check your eligibility|
|Step 3||Submit all your documents|
|Step 4||Lodge Visa application|
|Step 5||Receive 804 Visa Grant|
Elderly Support Visa Requirements - Subclass 804
You must have a child who is either:
- Australian Citizen
- Australian Permanent Resident
- Qualified New Zealand citizens.
- If your child is not yet 18 years old, you can get additional support from:
- Child’s spouse (must be 18 years of age or older, Australian citizen, permanent resident)
- Relatives or legal guardians of your child
- Relatives or legal guardian of the child’s spouse Community organization.
Older parents also need to pass a family balance test. This requires the following
- half your children must be permanent residents in Australia, or
- you have more children that are permanent residents in Australia than any other overseas country.
- You must also have a commitment by a person or organisation prepared to provide you with an Assurance of Support.
- Guarantee of support is a legal obligation to provide financial support so that you do not have to rely on social security payments.
- You can have up to 3 people who can provide their support.
You also need to meet specific health and personality requirements.
- This visa allows elderly parents to stay permanently with their children living in Australia.
- Travel to and from Australia for five (5) years from the date the visa is granted (the elderly parent will need to apply for a Returning Permanent Resident Visa or another visa to return to Australia after this time).
- You will be allowed to work and study in Australia.
- You will be allowed to enroll in Medicare, Australia’s cost and health care scheme.
- Apply for Australian citizenship when you are eligible.
Assurance of support
Coverage of Assistance (AoS) is a legal commitment by a sponsor, family member, organization or other person who may qualify as an insurer, to repay certain security payments. Social Security for the Australian government was paid to an individual or their family members applying to migrate to Australia during their AoS period.
Obligations of Assurer
the assurer is obliged to give sufficient financial support so that you or any accompanying family members do not have to rely on any government support and reimburse the Australian Government for any recoverable social security payments, this includes payments made by Centrelink to you and any others covered by the Assurance of Support pay a refundable security bond before the visa is approved.