Family Visas Australia
Partner (Spouse) visa
To sponsor your partner’s visa this is what all you need to know about 820 and 801 onshore partner visas
A partner visa (subclass 820) is a temporary visa. It goes from the issue date to the determination of your permanent partner visa (subclass 801). A partner visa (subclass 801) is a permanent visa and is valid indefinitely. It starts from the date of the grant.
If you live in Australia, you have the right to apply for a temporary partner visa (subclass 820) and a permanent visa (subclass 801). You can apply for this visa to stay in Australia with a partner who must be an Australian Citizen, a Permanent Resident of Australia, or a Permanent visa may be granted if the relationship is genuine and continues two years after applying for this visa.
Step by Step process to Apply for an 820 and 801 (Onshore Partner) Visa
|Step 1||Start your Process with FBP|
|Step 2||Check your eligibility|
|Step 3||Submit all your documents|
|Step 4||Lodge Visa application|
|Step 5||Receive 820 and 801 Visa Grant|
Features of 820/801 partner visa – Temporary to permanent residency in Australia
- Partner visas (subclasses 820 and 801) allow Australian citizens, permanent residents of Australia, or spouses to reside in Australia.
- A temporary partner visa (subclass 820) is first issued and is eligible to stay in Australia. After 24 months, you will be eligible for a permanent partner visa (subclass 801).
You must be married or have a de facto relationship:
- Australian Citizens
- Permanent Resident of Australia
- Have a temporary partner visa (subclass 820)
- Stay spouse or de facto partner unless your relationship ends and there are special circumstances
- If complying with all Australian laws during my temporary visa.
You may be granted an 820/801 visa if:
- your marriage must be valid under Australian law. In other words, if you are 16 or 17 years old, you need parental permission.
- You must have been in a real relationship for at least 12 months.
- If you are in Australia at the time of application. I already have another type of visa (student visa, visitor visa, working holiday visa, etc.).
- You do not have an “8503 – No further stay” condition.
- Meet health and character requirements.
Duration of relationship
If individual is in a relationship for 3 or more years or have a child together, then 801 PR visa might be granted immediately after 820 temporary visas.
If applicant has already applied for visa and current visa is about to expire they may stay in Australia at bridging Visa.
Applicant has to 18 years or above to apply for a 820/801 visa.
You might be eligible if you lodge the application prior to breakdown.
Sponsor must be 18 years and above to sponsor partner.
Sponsor shouldn’t have any debt to the government of Australia, if any must repay.
Refusal or cancellation
Applicant might not be able to apply for visa if visa gets rejected or cancelled while they are in Australia.
This visa allows you to stay in Australia until your 801 visa is granted.
Onshore or offshore
You must be onshore while applying and when the decision is made on temporary 820 partner visa.
You can be onshore or offshore while lodging application for 801 PR partner visa.
Duration of the visa
820 partner visa is valid up till the date of 801 PR partner visa and 801 partner visa is parament you can stay indefinite.
Applicant should comply with law and visa conditions of the country.