Subclass 116 – Carer Visa
This permanent visa lets you move to Australia to care for someone with a long-term medical condition. They must have no reasonable access to care options in Australia.
- be outside Australia when you apply and when we decide your application
- be sponsored by your relative or their partner for your first 2 years in Australia
- provide care for a relative, or a member of their family who lives with them, who has no reasonable access to care in Australia
With this visa you can:
- stay in Australia as a permanent resident
- work and study in Australia
- travel to and from Australia for 5 years
For more details, please click here.