Live in the country with the highest minimum wage; start your process today—your Bible for Australian PR.
You are like every skilled professional who wants to move to the island continent to work and settle. You check details of the PR visa type that offers immigration privileges. It is Australia Permanent Residency that allows you to live and work for five years.
What Permanent Residency in Australia All About
With the help of a visa leading to Permanent Residency, you can permanently settle in the country. For citizenship, the applicant needs to be in Australia for four years. Only then will you be able to apply for citizenship in Australia. It allows you to bring your family members. Before the visa grant, you should be aware of its benefits and eligibility criteria.
Australia Permanent Resident Visa Benefits
- Work and live in the country.
- You can bring your family members.
- Free education for your children up to a certain age
- You can grant sponsorship to relatives for PR status.
- Health & work benefits for you and your family
Eligibility Criteria for Australia Permanent Residency
- Age – Your age has to be below 45 years.
- Point’s Grid – Secure 65 points
- English language test – Do you want to qualify for the visa? Beforehand, it would be best if you secured a good score on the English language test.
- Occupation – Your occupation has to be part of the MLTSSL list
- Skill criteria – Get your skills assessed based on work experience and educational background.
- Prove the authority that you have a good character and health
Applying for Australia Permanent Residency Visa
Before applying for an Australian visa, check eligibility that leads to Permanent Residency. Once you receive visa confirmation, you have to apply for a skill assessment. The designated authority evaluates several PR process steps, processes involved, and processing time.
A Quick Check On Australia PR Process Steps
- Step 1 – Whether you are eligible or not, you have to check it.
- Step 2 – Apply for skill assessment via the designated authority.
- Step 3 – Submit EOI (Expression of Interest)
- Step 4 – Apply for the visa online along with attesting documents.
Here Are Some Australia Permanent Residency Processes
- Check eligibility – Under Point’s grid, you have to score 65 points.
- Select a relevant assessing body for your skills. It is the first step application of the Australian process.
- Apply for a pool system after assessing work experience and educational background
- Based on the score, you receive ITA for the last stage.
- Apply for the process final stage within two months. Consult DIBP after receiving ITA invitation
- You will receive your visa after you submit medicals.
About Australia PR Visa & Exact Processing Time
Calculate the exact processing time for the Australia PR visa application. Your application runs into different stages, with each stage covering additional time. Here are the following stages:
- Skill Assessment – Get your education background and work experience assessed. It is usually done with the help of the designated body of skill assessment. Once you provide every document, you can secure results faster. It takes 45-60 days for the processing time.
- EOI – Prove your interest through Skill select. EOI stage decides your eligibility score. You have higher chances for ITA (Invitation to Apply) if your scores are higher. The processing time depends on the individual’s score.
- Visa Application – On receiving ITA, you have to submit the visa application to DIBP. DIBP is the Department of Immigration and Border Protection. It is generally done 2 months post you receive ITA. In case your dependents join you, you should add their details.
- Verification & Medicals – After receiving ITA, you should apply for verification and medicals. It helps you to submit the documents faster for the PR visa nod.
- Approving The Visa – After submitting the required documents, DIBP follows thorough research. Once it finds the details satisfying, it will grant you the visa within 3 to 5 months.
- Preparing For Departure – You have 6 months to migrate to the country. This follows once you receive confirmation of visa approval.
Eligible Criteria of Australia Permanent Residency Consist Of
- Age – Your age should not exceed 45 years.
- Qualification – If you have a degree accredited globally, it is acceptable
- English Language – Be proficient in the English language. Secure 6 bands in IELTS
- Visa Category – Select the appropriate program for different PR visa types. Your skill selection must match the skill set list of Australia.
- Work Experience – You should have the desired work experience. Your occupation should be part of STSOL, MLTSSL, or ROL.
- Medical Examination – Show proofs that you are sound health-wise
- Point-based Criteria – Score 65 points as point-based selection system
Other PR Requirements
Individuals can apply for Australia PR. Match all requirements by obtaining 65 points in the point calculation system. Show funds as part of proof to sustain you and your family. If you want to migrate to Australia, here are specific requirements as follows-
- Language test details
- Education qualifications
- Work experience & certificates
- Medical & police verification
- Travel documents
- Settlement funds proof, i.e., bank accounts, bonds, cash, etc.
Ways to Apply for Australia PR Visa
Choose a particular program based on your eligibility. Some immigration pathways for different Australian PR visas include
The suitable visa program in Australia for PR is the Skilled Independent Visa. Before applying, you should meet eligibility criteria. You are bound to get an invitation for a PR visa.
The visa helps every skilled professional. Based on your points, the state or territory government nominates you. Prove whether your occupation is part of STSOL.
Subclass 491 visa allows you to live and work in Australia with its validity for 5 years. Meet skill criteria wherein you seek the nomination of sponsorship from state/territory.
How to Apply for Australia PR from Any Country
Consider some steps needed to avail PR visa from any country:
Step 1 – Choose your occupation from SOL
Step 2 – Meet points as per the country’s Points calculator
Step 3 – Lodge EOI with the help of Skill Select
Step 4 – Receive ITA
Step 5 – Submit Australia Permanent Residency application
Step 6 – Get medical and police clearances
Step 7 – You receive a PR grant to migrate
In a nutshell, every professional has to comply with visa criteria and processes. If you are looking for answers on skilled visas, PR processing time, criteria, and how to apply? Please speak to our experts today.