Other Australian Visas
Work & Holiday
Do want to plan your short visit to Australia. Plan your first step with us, we may assist you
This visa stream lets you visit Australia as a tourist, to see family and friends or for purposes other than business or medical treatment.
If you are an immediate family member of an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you may be eligible to apply for a family visit visa (subclass 600).
This visa allows you to visit Australia:
- for the purpose of a visit or
- business visit As much as you like, up to a year
- Stay up to 3 months per visit.
You may be able to obtain an Electronic System for Travel Authorization in the following cases:
- Outside Australia
- Passport holders in a particular country.
Duration of electronic authority last
Validity of Electronic Travel Authorization The ETA is valid for 12 months. You can enter and stay in Australia for up to three months at a time.
If you wish to stay in Australia for a longer period, you can apply for another visa, such as a visitor visa (subclass 600).
If your passport expires before the ETA, you will need to apply again.
If you have ETA
our ETA lets you:
- enter Australia for up to three months at a time have a holiday or visit family and friends in Australia study in Australia for up to three months, in some circumstances
- work as a genuine unpaid volunteer, but only if an Australian resident would not otherwise be paid to do that type of work (you can be reimbursed for outofpocket expenses such as meals and accommodation).
- engage in business visitor activities while in Australia, provided you:
- do not work for or provide services to a business or organisation in Australia
- do not sell goods or services to the public.
Activities of business visitors include:
- Providing general business or employment inquiries. Investigate, negotiate, sign or review business contracts
- Events held during official government visits
- Participation in conferences, trade fairs or seminars where the organizer does not pay the participation fee.
- You must comply with all ETA terms and conditions and Australian laws.
- You cannot stay in Australia for more than 3 months on each visit.
- You cannot study for more than 3 months.
- You may not work while in Australia except in the following cases: Investigate, negotiate, sign or review business contracts Events held within the framework of official government visits
- You will not be able to attend any meeting, trade show or seminar if the organizer does not pay the participation fee.