FBP InternationalFBP InternationalFBP International

190 (Skilled Nominated) Visa

Book Your Free Consultation

    Step 1Start your Process with FBP
    Step 2Lodge your Skill Assessment
    Step 3Lodge Expression of Interest through SkillSelect
    Step 4

    Apply for SN (State Nomination)

    • Lodge ROI (Registration of Interest) with the State (if applicable)
    • Receive ITA (Invitation to Apply) from the State
    • Lodge SN (State Nomination)
    Step 5Receive SN (State Nomination) & ITA (invitation to apply) for the visa
    Step 6Lodge Visa application (within 60 days of ITA)
    Step 7Receive 190 Visa Grant
    Additional Information:
    • The governments of each state and territory have lists of occupations in high demand in their area. There may be special requirements for your work experience, English proficiency, or special skills.
    • Submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) with details about the occupation, skills, and qualifications you selected through SkillSelect. SkillSelect evaluates your score. If your score is high enough, Australian state and territory government agencies can review your EOI and decide whether or not to recommend you.
    • You must apply for a visa if nominated by a state or territory agency. If you are invited, you must submit your visa application within 60 days. Then we process your visa application.
    • 190 visa is points-based
    • Allows skilled workers who are nominated by an Australian state or territory government
    • Live and work in Australia as permanent residents.
    • Sponsor eligible relatives for permanent residence.
    • Have a relevant occupation on the 190 visa occupation list
    • Have a suitable skills assessment for the occupation
    • Meet the points test pass mark of 65 points (as of 8 June 2020)
    • Be nominated by a state or territory government agency.
    • Lodge and EOI and be invited to apply.
    • Be aged between 18 and 44 inclusive.
    • Have Competent English.
    • Meet health and character requirements.

    You can be in Australia or offshore when you submit your EOI. You can either be in Australia or overseas when you apply for a Subclass 190 (skilled nominated) visas.

    If you are to lodge your Subclass 190 (skilled nominated) Visa from within Australia, you will need to hold a  Bridging A, B, or C visa. This bridging visa will allow you to remain in Australia during the processing of your visa application. 

    If your current visa is refused or cancelled then you will not be eligible to apply for the 190 visa while you are onshore in Australia.

    • How long can I stay?
      Indefinite stay in Australia.
    • Can I study and work?
      Work and study in Australia.
    • Would I be eligible to enroll in Medicare?
      Enroll in Medicare, Australia’s medical and spending system.
    • Can I sponsor visas?
      Sponsor a relative who is eligible for permanent residency.
    • Will I be able to travel?
      You can enter and leave Australia as many times as you like for up to five years after your visa is issued.
    • Can I take my Family?
      You may list your partner and their children or stepsons on your application. A family member who receives a visa has and can do so with the same rights as you.