Australia’s most sought after profession - Engineers
Eligible Graduates – The accredited visa (Subclass 476) allows recent engineering graduates from eligible universities to gain up to 18 months of skilled work experience in careers. It is a temporary visa.
Your family can also apply to join Australia once a visa has been issued.
You must obtain an engineering qualification from an accredited institution. Attendance at an institution or university associated with an accredited institution does not meet this requirement.
- Recent engineering graduates from accredited educational institutions can gain up to 18 months of skilled work experience.
- Duration of the visa is 18 months
- Work and study in Australia.
- Must be under 31 years of age
- Received an engineering degree from an accredited institution in the past two years
- Not a major holder of a subclass 476 or 485 visa.
- You can show your English knowledge
You must have achieved one of the following engineering qualifications two years before applying:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree
- Doctoral degree
- Higher Education Diploma
Your qualifications should include a major sequence of engineering studies or specialise:
- Civil engineering
- Construction engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Environmental engineering
- Electricity and electronics Mechanical Engineering
- Manufacturing and Mechanical Engineering
- Mining and Materials Science.
Washington Accord institutions
- Any institution offering an Engineering qualification accredited under the Washington Accord is a recognized institution. The Washington Accord is an international agreement among bodies responsible for accrediting engineering degree programs. It recognizes the substantial equivalency of programs accredited by those bodies and recommends that graduates of programs accredited by any of the signatory bodies be recognized by the other bodies as having met the academic requirements for entry to the practice of engineering.
- Other accredited organizations
- Catholic University of Argentina
- Federal University of Minas Gerais
- Universidad Cattolica del Norte Catholic University of Chile—Antofagasta
- University of Chile
- University of Concepcion
- HUT, Helsinki
- RWTH, Aachen
- Technical University of Berlin
- Technical University of Clausthal
- TU Bergakademie Freiberg
- University of Hannover
- University of Miskolc
- Anna – University of Chennai
- Baranas-Varanasi Hindu University
- Indian Institute of Science – Bangalore
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- Indian Mining School – Dhanbad
- Amir Kabir University of
- Technology University of Tehran
People`s Republic of China
- Beijing Normal University
- Beijing Petroleum University
- Beijing University of Chemical Technology
- Beijing University of Technology (formerly Beijing Polytechnic University)
- China University of Mining and Technology—Beijing
- Guangzhou University
- Shanghai University of Engineering Science
- Shanghai Jiao tong University
- Tongji University
- Tsinghua University
- University of Science and Technology—Beijing
- University of the Philippines
- Wroclaw University of Technology
- TU Kosice
- Lulea University of Technology
- University of Dar es Salaam