Visa 491 might be Your temporary residency - yet so beneficial. Let’s find out!
The new 491 visas, Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) subclass 491 visa will enable eligible skilled workers and their families to live, work and study in designated regional areas of Australia for 5 years.
Visa holders will be eligible to apply for a Permanent Residence visa after three years. Applicants for this visa must be nominated by:
An Australian state or territory government agency or sponsored by an eligible family member residing in a designated regional area and be invited to apply for the visa, following submission of an Expression of Interest (EOI) in SkillSelect. Subclass 491 Skilled Work Regional (Provisional) visa will replace the current 489 visas and commences on November 16, 2019. The 491 visa is a skilled and points tested visa. it has an age limit of 45 and requires a positive skill assessment.
|Step 1||Start your Process with FBP|
|Step 2||Lodge your Skill Assessment|
|Step 3||Lodge Expression of Interest through SkillSelect|
Apply for SN (State Nomination)
|Step 5||Receive SN (State Nomination) & ITA (invitation to apply) for the visa|
|Step 6||Lodge Visa application (within 60 days of ITA)|
|Step 7||Receive 491 Visa Grant|
- The visa is valid for 5 years. Condition 8579 will be introduced, which will comply with the government’s intention that visa holders only live, work and study in that area. Visa holders can move around the area. Regional Areas are defined as areas outside of Sydney, Melbourne and Brisbane.
- New temporary visa holders are not eligible to apply for most other skills-based visas in Australia unless they have worked in a specific area for at least three years, except in exceptional circumstances. Also, as with the current conditions of the subclass 457 and 482 visa programs, new temporary visa holders may be adversely affected by the sponsor’s default.
- 15,000 places are awarded each year
- 491 job listings
- Replaces 489 family and state visas.
- Must be sponsored by a qualified relative or government agency.
- Visas are initially issued for 5 years.
- To obtain a permanent resident visa (regional qualification), the 191 must-have lived and worked in the area for 3 years.
- You or your partner must earn a minimum annual income ($53,900 / year) for state-sponsored streams for these three years. He can practice in any profession, but if promoted by his employer, he must work in the nominated profession.
- Cannot apply for another eligible PR or 820 Partner Visa for 3 years.
- Priority processing of regional applications
- Incentives for immigrants to stay longer in the area by building connections through the workforce and community engagement.
- Additional points are awarded to subclass 491 visa applicants.
Please note that your profession must be on the MLTSSL list of 491 Family Streams.
The sponsors are:
• 18 years old and over
• Usually located in a particular region of Australia
• Being an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident of Australia.
• Become a legitimate relative of you or your partner
Legitimate relatives are:
• Child or stepchild
• Brothers, sisters, adopted brothers, adopted sisters, brother-in-law, or sister-in-law
• Aunt, an uncle, adopted aunt, adopted uncle, in-law aunt, or in-law uncle
• Nephew, the niece, adopted nephew, adopted child’s niece,
• a grandparent, or
• a first cousin