What makes a country appealing for foreigners to migrate?
Isn’t it the following reasons?
- Strong and resilient economy
- Safe environment
- Good career opportunities
- Conducive lifestyle
- Sound public welfare provisions including education & healthcare
- Suitable weather conditions.
Well, when we closely analyze the above requirements, there are only a few countries that perfectly fit the bill. Australia is certainly one of them. Taking advantage of the Australian immigration policies many foreigners have made Australia their homeland. It is said that today more than 40% of the Australian population is comprised of either an immigrant or the child of an immigrant; thereby turning it into a multi-cultural and diverse society.
Still on the fence about migrating to Australia?
Here are some reasons why Australia is a promising option for aspiring migrants:
- Progressive economy: Australia is known to be one of the most stable and booming economies in the world. A globally oriented country, Australia thrives on its plentiful natural resources including iron ore, coal and gas resources. Moreover, it has a robust service sector that continues to grow steadily. All these play an important role in supporting the country’s economy and preventing it from stumbling down when met with a crisis.
- Ample of opportunities: Australia is a land of opportunities. There are multitudes of job opportunities in the country for citizens as well as for migrant skilled workers. Every sector is in demand of workforce. The Australian government too is taking initiatives by issuing more job visas and relaxing Australia immigration policies to fill the demand and the supply gap in the rapidly changing jobs market.
- Genuine wages: The national minimum wage mandated by the government is currently AUD $20.33 per hour or AUD $722.60 per 38-hour week (before tax) which is at par with some of the developed nations in the world. The average salary for a full-time employee in Australia is approximately $82,436. Average salary usually varies between regions, for instance, Australian Capital Territory (ACT) is known to offer the highest national average at $94,224 while workers in Tasmania earn $71,718 on average.
- Top-rated Education system: Australia has some of the most prestigious universities that are highly ranked and well-known around the world. The University of Queensland, University of Adelaide, Charles Darwin University, and the University of Tasmania are to name a few. Whether one is looking to enroll in Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD, Australia can be the ultimate choice. Primary and secondary school education is provided by the government free of cost. There are some private schools too that offer education against certain charges.
- Other potential reasons:
- Robust healthcare system
- Greater job security (Job retention averages about 89% across the country)
- The weather is favorable.
- Beautiful and lively cities(Sydney, Brisbane, Perth etc)
- Scenic beauty(breathtaking beaches, coastlines, countryside etc)
- Clean environment ( low pollution level)
- Various options for leisure (opera house performances, sporting events etc)
Having said all, relocating to a new country is no piece of cake. It’s like an adventure of a lifetime that exposes you to experiences and challenges you never faced before.
If you’re planning to migrate to Australia but not sure where to start, get in touch with FBP International. Our migration experts will help you assess your situation and suggest you a road map that will make things simpler and more rewarding for you!